The Action Contre La Faim Mozambique is hiring a Senior Security Officer, for Cabo Delgado.
Purpose of the post
Assist, advise the Field Coordinator and participate on the management of the security of people and assets.
Mission 1: Provide interpretation for the Field Co
- Assist the Security Manager and Field Coordinator in translation during meetings (internal/external);
- Translate documents related to security and context analyse Portuguese, English or other local language.
Mission 2: Monitor the operational aspects of employee safety on the sites
- Supervise and coordinate the field team leaders;
- Checking the proper application of security measures, particularly with regard to movements and deployment of teams;
- Supervise movement follow up with Radio op or similar position;
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the dissemination and enforcement of security rules;
- Participate in the implementation of the security plans;
- Participate in and/or conduct safety assessments prior to team deployment;
- Coordinate purchase requisitions and interventions with the Logistics Department regarding base security requirements;
- Ensure the management of possible internal conflicts in collaboration with HR;
- Ensure the training of teams and base liaison officers.
Mission 3: To collect and communicate all relevant information on the security situation
- Collect continuously information on all aspects of security (notably through media monitoring) and consolidate the incidents database;
- Report in detail any specific incident that may affect ACF’s security;
- Monitor the local situation in terms of crime and the socio-political context;
- Use available information to advice on the security of ACF operations;
- Establish all necessary contacts, build up an information network to strengthen security and maintain contact with the various security actors on the base;
- Brief new impact and expatriate employees on security issues in the region in partnership with the security referent, the Field Co and the CD;
- Enlarge and dynamize focal points to never be surprised by the evolution of the zone.
Mission 4: Participate in the organization and management of the security of people and goods during field team visits
- Ensure that safety procedures relating to the movement of persons are properly observed;
- Ensure communication with external interlocutors during field visits;
- Ensure the capitalization of contacts and their follow-up;
- Make a visit report and map the different stakeholders;
- Know how to manage a security incident on site.
Mission 5: Facilitate understanding and exchange between the organization and the communities of intervention
- Inform ACF collaborators of cultural mechanisms and facilitate understanding of trends in armed groups;
- Participate in explaining ACF’s activities and mandate to partners and the public;
- Ensuring a safe link between the population and the organization;
- Managing conflicts between an ACF team and another actor.
- Postgraduate degree and/or solid professional experience in positions of responsibility;
- Understanding of the context of intervention;
- Analytical skills;
- Good physical condition Minimum;
- Ability to analyze a situation and to demonstrate authority;
- Rigour and Integrity;
- Knowledge of local languages.
- Procedure: Candidates selected for a technical test will be contacted by email or phone.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Expiration date: November 30, 2022
Location: Cabo Delgado