The Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is hiring a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Technical Advisor.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, & Learning (MERL) Technical Associate will work under the direction and supervision of the MTaPs Country Director and will closely liaise with the MTaPs Home Office MERL Team on M&E, Reporting, Knowledge Management (KM), and Learning Agenda.
S/he will liaise with the Ministry of Health (MOH) Management Information System unit on data collection and reporting.
M&E Technical Support
- Supporting countries to plan and implement M&E activities. This includes supporting country programs to establish and implement their M&E plans, periodically updating the plans, data management and analytics approaches and support the completion of M&E deliverables.
- Knowledge Management Technical Support
- Support the development of knowledge management products, conduct quality reviews, maintain a repository of knowledge products, support the dissemination of knowledge products.
- Learning Agenda Technical support
- Support of the development of learning products, conduct quality reviews, maintain a repository of knowledge products, support the dissemination of learning products.
Reporting Technical support
- Support of the development of reporting products, conduct quality reviews, maintain a repository of reporting products, support the dissemination of reporting products;
- Serving as a key point of contact for the Home office MERL Team to coordinate and ensure effective and efficient provision of management and operations support to MERL Team.
- The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or statistics, demographics, economics, or related field with advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics. Business, International Development, or other relevant field. Master’s degree in public health or related field is preferred;
- S/he should have knowledge of US Government and non-USG funded programs, regulations and requirements.
- Experience implementing activities related to global heath and health system strengthening is preferred. In addition, s/he should have 4 years of technical experience in monitoring, evaluation, data analytics, knowledge management, learning, and reporting. Minimum 4 years’ demonstrated success and experience in overseas project support and management is particularly relevant. Direct overseas project work experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- The ideal candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills demonstrated by ability to work both independently and within a team. S/he should have extensive experience in using and managing health information systems (ex: DHIS2 or DEV Results), experience in Power BI and/or analytical software;
- In addition, s/he should have ability to contribute to drafts of deliverables and sections of deliverables including work plans, quarterly reports, annual reports, slide decks, and other technical products/reports; provides formatting and editing support for all products. Experience in the management of USAID-funded activities is required. Experience with programs supported by non-USG government and international agencies and foundations, such as DFID, the World Banks, WHO, and the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation is an added advantage;
- The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, written, and oral presentation skills. S/he should work with minimal supervision with ability to work independently and in a team. Excellent cross-cultural communication and active listening skills. Proficiency in English (verbal & written) in highly required.
How to Apply
Expiration date: December 9, 2022
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Technical Advisor